Safety, The First Priority in All Operations
IHC Scott has an outstanding safety record and we are proud of our achievements in accident prevention, routinely earning safety awards at the local and national level.
The safety culture at IHC Scott begins with a firm commitment from the top. Management considers the safety of our employees and the general public an integral part of our daily business.
A CULTURE OF SAFETY
Safety is a responsibility we all share. At IHC Scott, it’s our prerogative to ensure our people operate with the highest standards of safety. This means our company culture thrives off the motto that minimum standards aren’t enough. We always go above and beyond to protect the health and happiness of our employees and the local community.
Through regular corporate and on-site safety training, each IHC Scott team member is reminded of their personal accountability to speak up for themselves, their co-workers, project partners, and the surrounding community in any situation where they fear a safety concern. Our employees are empowered to recognize and submit ideas for improved safety on all types of projects.
Safety is a Value
Preparation is key to ensuring worksite safety. Various precautionary training and inspections are enforced prior to beginning each job, including:
- Pre-construction Hazard Analysis
- Site-Specific Emergency Action Planning
- Equipment Inspection & Maintenance
- Equipment Operator Training
- Injury Prevention Training
- Hazmat Training
- Utility Awareness Training
- Heavy Equipment Safety Training
Safety in the Details
Our Comprehensive Incident Prevention Program is regularly updated to conform with our high standard of job site safety. The IHC Scott Safety Division researches best practices in our industry and adopts them to best fit our corporate safety values. We are committed to running programs and guidelines that go far beyond minimum regulatory requirements. We emphasize various safety programs, including:
- GOAL – A program for preventing backing incidents
- TRACK – Daily job hazard analysis for each individual and crew
- Job Hazard Analysis – As part of their formal work plan process, supervisors plan work taking potential hazards into full consideration
- Return to Work – Modified duty is provided to get injured employees back to work
Investing in Safety
Acquiring the top safety professionals in the industry is a key part of our commitment to safety. With over 150 years of combined experience, our Safety Department brings extensive safety knowledge and program know-how to the organization. Our team includes OSHA Construction Outreach Trainers, MSHA Approved Instructors, Certified Safety Professionals.